Technologies have changed and home movie viewing has increased. But the experience that you get in movie theaters cannot be matched. The coming of multiplexes and the digital prints are all good for movie theaters. Even though technology like LED TV means home movie viewing experiences have been enhanced, a movie in a theater is an enriching experience. More so for movies like Star Wars, where small screens are not a good option. Here are the top 5 reasons to watch movies in theatres.
(1) The Big Screen – You can never get such big screens even if you have a private screen at home. The experience of a big screen is awesome. I realised this when I watched the same movie at home and then at the theatre.
(2) No disturbances – When watching at home, you have distractions that you cannot avoid, like the telephone and the doorbell. At movie theatres, mobiles are switched off and there is no worry of visitors. All the attention is on enjoying the movie.
(3) The audience – You do not directly interact with other people in movie theatres. But the audience adds to the experience of watching movies, doesn’t it?
(4) 3D movies – More and more movies are being released in the 3D format. A movie theatre is the best place to watch a 3D movie.
(5) Trailers of upcoming movies – You can catch up with which movies are coming up at the theatre. I really love watching the trailers at theatres for its curiosity value.Read More
Les Miserables has really been the show of last year. It has been playing across 44 countries and 22 different languages around the world. It is still going strong in London 4 months after its release, no other theater show has been able to match its popularity.
It is a story set in the backdrop of 19th century in France. The best part is the story which has many emotional strings. It has love,passion, sacrifice and broken dreams.
There was a movie of the same name released in 2012, starring Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway. It was also good but nowhere near to the theatrical version. I watched the second Act accidently when my friend invited me over after Christmas. The three hour drama was not only a visual spectacle but enthralling. It was an experience which made me go to watch it again and again. You would not believe if I told you that I have watched it 15 times since then, and once back to back three shows. You have to experience it to know why it is so popular.Read More
Well hello to all, it so nice to be finally back to my blogging. Last month I was so tired after all the travelling I let a friend of mine ghost write – did you enjoy the info on ‘The Bard’? My friend is now actually planning to start his own blog, maybe I can guest on his…interesting thought.
It has been non stop since we got back from Australia – what a fabulous time, wonderful people so interesting and cultured, almost didn’t want to come back but summer in Autumn just does not appeal to me. I am such an Anglophile although I don’t think I can quite match up to the 25 points in this article my friend sent me – don’t want a hat like Kate’s LOL. I am proud to be British and not afraid of showing it.
I was reading another article about haunted theatres around the world – very interesting, I would love to visit a few of them especially the Palais Garnier. I have actually been to a couple of them over the years particularly the ones in New York but never to the one in France – yet it is the nearest, life can be strange. This is the magnificent theatre that has parallels with Phantom,well the Gastón Leroux’s 1910 novel. All sorts of stories about the lake underneath, apparently a giant water tank and a chandelier actually did fall and kill a construction worker, gruesome.
Another theatre mentioned in the article is Drury Lane. There has been a theatre there since 1663 and the current building since 1812. The ghost has been seen by many occupying the upper box wearing his tricorn hat has been seen by many including yours truly. Yes I did and the Man in Grey was just there, I was on the stage on my own early one evening, it wasn’t spooky or scary I wouldn’t have been surprised if he hadn’t doffed his hat to me. I bet many actors and workers in that theatre have some splendid tales to tell. If you do or know of any other incidents at theatres around the country please let me know. I would love to include some in my book.Read More